Oberammergau Passion Play 2020
Experience a once in a decade opportunity as David Urquhart Travel offers Oberammergau 2020 – a world famous event that needs little introduction.
The history of the Passion Play began almost 400 years ago after a deadly plague raged many parts of Europe.
The villagers of Oberammergau promised to perform the suffering death and resurrection of Christ once every ten years if they could be spared this deadly disease.
So, since 1634, the Passion Play took place and has continued every ten years since. With over 2000 performers, musicians and technicians, all of whom are residents of the village, you will simply be blown away by this performance.
This unique event draws people from all over the world and you will not only be amazed by the history of the Passion Play, but also by the strength in faith that has kept this village strong for so many years.
- Travel to and from Austria
- Two berth cabin (en-suite) accommodation, dinner and buffet breakfast on board the ferry crossing to the continent
- Overnights en-route to Austria, dinner, bed and breakfast included
- Dinner, bed and breakfast in Tyrol
- One night bed and breakfast in Oberammergau including a 3 course Passion Play dinner
- Day ticket for the Oberammergau Passion Play
- Guided sightseeing tour of Innsbruck including entry to Hofburg Palace
- Full day guided excursion of the Bavarian Lakes including cruise on Lake Achensee