By making a booking with us or submitting any personal data via our Website, you are agreeing to us handling your personal data as set out below.
David Urquhart (Travel) Limited may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 18th May 2018.
What kind of personal information do we collect?
When you book a holiday with us, you will be required to provide us with certain information, including your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, passport details and payment information.
If you get in touch with our customer service team, whether by phone, e-mail or otherwise, you will be asked to provide us with information. This is likely to include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
There are also other instances when you will provide us with information, for example if you request a brochure, use our website, sign up for our newsletter, enter one of our competitions or complete a survey.
Personal Information you give to us about others
If you are travelling with others or booking a holiday for someone else, you will need to give us personal information about them when making the booking, for example their name and date of birth. It is your responsibility to ensure that anyone who you have provided personal information about is aware that you have done so and accept how we use and process their information.
Personal Information we collect automatically
When you visit our Website, even if you don’t make a booking, we will automatically collect certain information such as your IP address, the date and time you accessed the Website, location details, the hardware, software or internet browser you use and information about your visit, including pages you viewed and interaction information.
If you are using a mobile device, we may collect data that identifies your mobile device, location details and any specific settings.
Personal Information that we receive from others
We may also receive information about you from other sources, such as social media sites. We may combine this data with other information provided by you. We work closely with these parties and we will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
What do we do with your personal data?
Once we have collected the information about you, it will be used for varying purposes. Your personal data could be used in the following ways:
- Bookings: We will use your personal data to provide to you the services that we sell, which may include hotels, transport, insurance and other ancillary products. We need certain information about you, so we can fulfil our obligations contained in the contract that you enter into with us when you make a booking. .
- To communicate with you in relation to your holiday: We may get in touch with you using the contact information you have previously shared with us, to communicate with you in relation to your holiday and to provide you with information relevant to your holiday. For example, administrative messages about your holiday.
- Customer Services: You are free to contact us about our services at any time, whether this is a general query, a question about your booking or to report a problem on our website. This can be done through the emailing email@example.com, by telephone or via social media. We will use the information that you have provided to help us answer any questions and respond to your query (along with any future queries that you may have). If you contact us by telephone, your call may be recorded for quality control and training purposes. Recordings are kept for a limited amount of time and periodically deleted unless we have a legitimate interest to keep such recording for a longer period.
- Personalisation: We may use the data you provide us with to enable us to show you the products and services we think you will like on our website and communicate these with you, such as the recommended deals and special offers we put to you.
- Marketing: Where you place an order with us and you have not opted out (or in any other case, if you have opted in), we may contact you with information about other goods and services that we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about and we think may interest you based on your personal information. We still want you to be the first to hear about our products, but we need your permission to do so.
- Promotional Activities: If you participate in our promotions (such as surveys or competitions) we will use the information you provide to administer these activities.
- Improving our services: Sometimes we may use your data to help us improve the quality and functionality of the services that we offer. This includes troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and for statistical and survey purposes, all of which helps us to provide the best service that we can.
- Security: We may use your data as part of our efforts to keep our site (and the information you provide to us) safe and secure, such as to help with fraud investigations or data protection regulation.
When we process your information in one (or more) of these ways, we will be relying on one of the following legal bases:
- Performance of a contract: We may need to use your information to fulfil our obligations in a contract that you have with us. If you make an online booking on our Website, we will use the information that you provide us with when making the booking to complete and administer the reservations with the relevant third-party suppliers.
- Consent: You will be asked to consent to us providing you with marketing information and if you give us this consent, we will rely on this when contacting you. You may withdraw this consent at any time by contacting us using the details at the end of this policy.
- Legitimate interests: We may use your information for our own legitimate interests, so to provide you with the best suitable content on our Website, to improve and promote our services and for certain administrative and legal purposes.
How do we store your data?
Any information that you provide to us in the above ways is stored on our secure servers and all payment transactions are encrypted. Only authorised personnel are permitted to access personal data in the course of their work. Whilst we do our best to protect your personal data, no information transferred over the internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure and you provide your information at your own risk.
We will only retain your information for a reasonable period of time or for so long as either you or legislation permits.
When your credit / debit card details are required as part of the booking process we store the last 4 digits and an authorisation code.
When do we share your data with third parties?
In certain circumstances we do share the information you provide to us with parties outside of David Urquhart (Travel) Limited. The third parties who we might share your data with include:
- Our suppliers: If you make a booking with us, it is necessary for us to share your reservation data with relevant third parties, such as hoteliers, transport providers and , to complete your booking. The data shared may include your name, contact details, the names and ages of any guests travelling with you, along with any preferences or special circumstances you told us about when you made your booking. If you contact us with a query about your booking we will communicate this to our supplier.
Third party service providers: This includes anyone who provides services or functions on our behalf, including credit / debit card processing, business analytics and advertising. We use these service providers to process your data on our behalf, this may be to send our marketing material or to collate information that can be analysed to improve our service. They have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use information for any other purpose.
- Payment Providers and other financial institutions: If you request a chargeback for your booking, it may be necessary for us to share certain reservation details with the payment service provider and the relevant financial institution so they can handle the chargeback. This may include a copy of your booking confirmation or the IP address that was used to make your reservation.
- Law enforcement authorities: We will disclose personal data insofar as it is required by law or when we believe it is necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts, including for fraud, immigration, customs, security or anti-terrorism purposes.
What rights do you have in relation to your personal data?
You have the following rights in relation to the personal data that we hold about you:
- You may request a copy of the information we are keeping about you by submitting a Data Subject Access Request to us at the below address
- You may ask that we correct any inaccuracies in the data, ask us to transfer it to another party or transfer it to another party yourself.
- You can ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes at any time by sending a request to the below address or clicking ‘unsubscribe’ on any of the emails that we send to you. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for marketing purposes and you will have to opt-in by checking a box in order for us to do this.
- You have the right to request that we delete all personal data that we hold about you. If there is no other reason beside you providing your consent for us to hold your data, we will delete it upon receiving your request.
If you would like to exercise any of your above rights please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org , writing ‘Request regarding personal information’ in the subject line. We will handle any requests we receive in accordance with UK Data Protection Legislation.
Who exactly is responsible for processing personal data that is collected under the policy?
David Urquhart (Travel) Limited controls the processing of data over its websites – in legal terms, this means that David Urquhart (Travel) is the Data Controller for the purposes of UK Data Protection legislation. Our Data Protection Officer makes sure that the business is complying with UK Data Protection legislation.
How can you contact us?
Post: Should be sent for the attention of the Data Protection Officer
David Urquhart (Travel) Limited
103 Strathmore House